Four!

So I saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed it and am hoping to scan some old photos of when J & I visited Rajasthan, it looks exactly the same and yes, I want to go back.  After the movie we paid a visit to the yummy Planet Yoghurt - tart mango little bit of chocolate with some fresh pomegranate seeds on the top...  mmmh yum :) 

The other day I was driving along Red Hill Road when I saw a lone camel walking alone - then spotted his driver some several hundred metres behind him.  I stopped and asked whether he could come to our house on 1 May to give camel rides to children attending Tatoum's party - how cool is that?!  and he costs the same price as the horse man.  Hope he sticks to his word.  Boom Boom is SOOO excited. 

Calista the Camel

Today J came back a day early woop woop woop, what a lovely surprise, and we then spent the afternoon on the golf course - first time in probably 8 and a half years.  The last time I played was probably in North Korea and I was pregnant with Thibaut and couldn't even bend down to pick up my ball from the hole.  Today's performance was far from remarkable, but we really had fun and the links were quite beautiful, the course felt like you were in England, the groundsmen take good care of the greens and fairways.  We were obliged to have a caddy each which was pretty funny as I had just selected a handful of clubs to take so the poor chap just carried the clubs in his hand.  J had again made a fashion faux pas - no surprise there eh?  and we were informed that collars for men and studded golf shoes were compulsory so he had the choice to buy or rent.  He opted for the latter so shoes were a little on the roomy side and the shirt was actually fine - better than the one on offer for purchase in fact.  Anyone who knows J will remember that he likes to do his Larry Grayson bit and after x holes "the scores on the doors are..." yet today the caddy took sole responsibility for the scoring and we were left in the dark until the final green.  J beat me by 2 points!  Next time I'll have my revenge...  Can't wait to play again.

The 7th hole
Johnnie just after having tee-d off on 5th (and 14th!) hole, with coffee plantation in background
On 9th green with Johnnie in his something borrowed, something blue!
During one of my sojourns into the long rough I fell upon (literally) a very fragile abandoned birds nest.  Thanks to my caddie who carried it around for the duration of our game, it remained intact and I am looking forward to putting some jewel-coloured chocolate eggs in it for Easter.

Tonight we went to the opening night of Charlie Brown, a Good Man, at ISK, the swanky American school just up the road from here.  The school has the most incredible grounds and has these awesome pod classrooms, each time I visit the place I am pretty much in awe of the facilities.  Yet this production was I am afraid to say totally lame, not funny at all and as a result we left at the intermission.  No doubt if any of our children had been in the play we would have stayed until the final curtain, encouraged the rest of the audience to give a standing ovation and made sure it received rave reviews.  I think the biggest part I ever played in a school play was underscore in Annie.  I have a funny feeling my children may well be better performers than was, here's hoping.

Comments