Weekend happenings

The weekend kicked off with us watching The Iron Lady - the biographical film based on the life of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher - it focuses quite extensively on her decline into dementia which I found quite sad.  Not sure how accurately it reflects true events, but Meryl Streep is pretty good in the role of PM. 

Saturday morning was the end of term parents/children match at SAGS - so Thibaut was excited that J and I both played, albeit rather badly - speaking for myself of course.  J was parent of the match, yet someone called me Maradonna as I accidentally scored a goal with my hand, of course it didn't count.  Tatoum went to her swim lesson at the UN Rec and did really well. 

Thibaut and his team - SAGS Under 9s
Saturday evening J and I made the trek across to Karen to enjoy some Mussels from Brussels - Moules Marinières et frites, my goodness they were good - despite having sat in hideous traffic en route.   They were served in a large pot with vegetables mixed up with the moules which I have never had before, leaving a scrumptious broth at the bottom.

Mussels from Brussels
We christened our new outside table and benches on Sunday with friends L and Y and their two cuties E and T:  it was a fun relaxing brunch which made me want to take a nap later as I was SOOO relaxed.  Thankfully I didn't have to clear up which is always a drag on a Sunday - listen to me, but hey you can certainly get used to all this help here in Kenya.  It will be a rude awakening to go back to NYC.   Yesterday of course was April Fool's Day and when J and T told me that Tatoum had fallen into the water at Village Market whilst attempting the stepping stones I thought it was a joke, but no... alas poor little bunny did fall in, cried for a second then thought it was hilarious, and proceeded to wander around VM in just pull-ups!  Happy Birthday Thomas for yesterday!  hope you are having fun skiing.

Tatoum is missing her two little besties: TB is in the States for a long vacation; and IK is at the coast.   And I miss their mummies too.  A LOT ... they keep me sane here.  So here is a photo of the trio playing doctors and nurses - TB told me at the time she was a princess patient, not just a patient... too cutie :)

Princess Patient T, Doctor T, and Staff Nurse I ...




Comments