Mirror mirror on the wall

Looking around the web, there is no shortage of inspiration, yet we all have our "go-to" brands and it can be very easy to get totally distracted whilst clicking on related links and before you know it those comfort websites can change just as trends do and then it's a case of being back to the drawing board.

Having the added advantage of knowing European, US, African and Asian brands means I have a plethora of favourite designers, so here are a few insights into our rolodex - tempt your eye with some of my favourite circular mirrors at the moment (clockwise from top left...)


A. Ben and Aja Blanc's Apollo Mirror has been a favourite of mine since I saw it at ICFF in New York. I can't possibly improve on their own description of this beauty: "Named for the Greek God of the Sun, the Apollo Mirror is the marriage of sculptural and functional object, with two half circle mirrors joined by negative space and partnered with hand-spun, hand-painted silk fibre".

B. Fort Standard's Stand-Off Mirror - Iridescent accessories are very on-trend au moment, and I'm not a great trend-follower, yet I absolutely love the shimmering opalescent look. Look at this dreamy piece.

C. Jenny Nordberg's Fluid Add-On Mirrors always mesmirize me. Being a vintage girl, I love the 19th century process she uses in creating these stunning unique one-off pieces working with liquid silver and glass.

D. Arterior's Jude Medium Mirror is 3-dimensional, with it's antiqued floral design centred beautifully on the convex mirror, this reminds me of my white Cameroonian feather headdresses which always have pride of place in my living room.

E. Aria's Circum Round Mirror Medium in rose gold is a stunningly simple design which would enhance any wall.

F. Lex Pott & David Derksen's Large Transience Mirror Circle almost leaves me speechless, oxidisation process they uses guarantees that every single mirror is wholly unique. You may have seen various bespoke versions at The Hoxton in Amsterdam.


Comments